Saturday, March 28, 2009

What do you think that attraction to a teacher is?

It's always different than crushes I get on fellow students. I get the nervousness when they're near and am cautious of what I say if they're standing near me and my friends. I think about them a lot. I get butterflies when I see them in the hall. I look forward to their class and am sad when the end of the year comes. Yet, I can't picture doing anything physical with them. I had a dream once about one of my teachers who was about to kiss me (lol) but with none of the others. It can't just be a simple appreciation for them.





I'm not talking about just one teacher. I've "crushed" on more than one. I'm in college next year, so four more years to go...lol



Teachers tend to be experts in their field. They also exert a control over others that can, at times, be very subtle. They also exude a self-confidence. All these can be attractive qualities (because they're all very powerful skills).





This environment within the classroom is very artificial - all geared for the student learning of very specific outcomes. In real life, teachers are ordinary people with their own fears, frustrations and doubts. Hence the reason you can't picture doing anything physical with them. It's all illusion; smoke and mirrors.




I have felt the same way in the past as you do, not this year though. For me it's like an admiration of them in which I highly respect them for how nice and caring they are as well as their strength in dealing with everything they do.


It resulted in giving one of my teachers chocolates at the end of the year for christmas and as a thankyou for teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment