Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My EFC (Estimated Family Conrtribution) is 6680, what does that mean for me?

Okay... so, I don't exactly understand what the whole EFC thing is about, but I started asking other students in my grade what theirs was, and some even had zero. Does an EFC of 6680 look bad on scholarships? I just feel like I shouldn't waste my time applying for them (or at least the ones that ask for your EFC) because my parents evidently make too much money. And what sucks is, it's not like they're actually going to help me pay for it, espeically with us going back into farming this year. But, yeah... tell me what you guys think!


Thanks!!!



Always apply for all scholarships you qualify for. Unless you don't like getting free money for college. You never know. An EFC of 6680 is not extremely high. Some of your classmates may have EFC's of 999999!!!





Anyway, your EFC IS too high for you to get any grant money. But you will get offered student loans.... all the more reason to apply for all those scholarships. Dependent freshman can borrow up to 5,500 a year in federal Stafford loans. (Half in the fall and half in the spring).





Your parents will be offered a parent PLUS loan if the school you choose to attend is more than this. If your parents have said they aren't going to help you, you need to keep this loan limit in mind

No comments:

Post a Comment