Saturday, March 28, 2009

Are tardies and unexcused absences bad?

If I get one tardy or one unexcused absence, can that hurt my record? Can it effect me from getting to college, because I don't participate in extra curricular activities and I have a 3.5 GPA, so perfect attendance and good grades is what I was going to do to get to college and I no longer have perfect attendance. Also, is their a difference between an unexcused absence and a tardy and does one outweigh the other as to which is the worse? Thanks for your help!



One tardy or one unexcused absence will not hurt your record.


I have missed alot of days this year.


I had to go to a meeting because of it.


I can only miss one more day all year, and if I miss anymore days,


then I start loosing credits.


But only one will not hurt anything. At all. Trust me. I miss school all the time.


And an unexcused absence is definitely worse.


That means your unexcused for the whole day.


An unexcused tardy means you were just late for a class, and didn't have a good excuse for being late. No big deal.




Colleges do not care about perfect attendance! Think about it: why would a college fault you for getting sick or having a doctor's appointment once in your life? Maybe, if you have a lot of unexcused absences (like you just decided to skip school) and that was affecting your grades, they would think you're not committed to school. But one absence and one tardy is definitely not going to affect your chances of getting into college!!


Colleges pick people based on their personal qualities! Like intelligence, athleticism, service, ability to work hard. You have to demonstrate that you have these qualities based on your grades, essay, extra curricular activities, community service, and suchlike. Perfect attendance does not demonstrate anything about you, just that you were really lucky not to get sick on a school day!




You're worrying too much. Colleges doesn't give a snot about how much you've been absent or tardy if you have good grades. I however, do recommend you to join a club or two as far as extracurricular activities go.





The answer above shows the lack of knowledge he has on how Colleges admit students. They DO NOT look at your attendance record unless it's something like an excessive 2 months.




if unexcused absences or tardies kept you out of college, then no one at my school would be accepted. my school is notorious with tardies and unexcused absences. including myself, this year so far i have had 13 tardies for first period and more absences than i can count, none of which were excused.




An unexcused tardy is better because at least you showed up but the unexcused absence is bad because you skipped the whole day which makes colleges think you don't care about your education.




Lol. You'll live! trust me!


If colleges used your attendance record to determine whether you got in or not, a lot of people wouldn't be going to college.


Just don't be absent too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment