Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Financial Aid Appeal?

I wound up having my life sort of tank right as my Fall Semester should have started last fall. Things got really messy...


I wound up leaving my ex...there was a restraining order involved...My daughter and I wound up hiding out at a women's shelter...we were in and out of court...my car got broken into and destroyed...it was just a mess...I wound up not even going because of it...


So my question is this:


I wanted to appeal and go during the spring, but I was not ready to yet! I needed to prove that I have a car, home, daycare, etc...and I didn;t have proof of the car yet. So now I can prove all those things, but obviously I lost aid for spring...does that mean that since I let a semester pass without appealing that I am off of it for good until my loans are paid back? Or can I appeal it for this coming fall??? I'm super stressed...pretty depressed too, because my GPA was good before all this terrible stuff went on



This is super confusing. I would suggest going to your school and talking to a financial aid adviser. Call them ahead of time and make an appoint for at least 30 minutes to figure things out. This way, you're getting your info straight from the horse's mouth and make sure to write down all they say, date, time and such.





If they tell you need to call a Federal phone number, do that as soon as possible to get your info straight.





I'm thinking that appeals do need to be taken care of within a certain amount of time from the discrepancy so this could cause some problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment