Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Any other ways to get money for tuition?

I have been out of High School for a few years unsure of what I wanted to do with my life and then this year I decided I wanted to attend a local college for Occupational Therapy Assistant it's a two year course. I am excepted and will attend in fall.





I have applied for FAFSA and my dad makes to much money so I was unable to receive any grants. I applied for 4 scholarships at my old high school because there was only 4 avaliable to me since I only graduated. I am going to see if I can apply for any scholarships at the college I will be attending. Basically other then this am I out of luck? Tution will be about 30,000 without books. My dad said he would pay whatever my mom would pay for me to go to school but I don't know how to go about asking my mom for money. My parents are divorced and I have lived with my dad all my life and my mom is currently going to college and working she is only taking one class at a time though. I have saved some money up but will need a car soon so much of my hard earned money will be going to reliable transportation. My mom tells me to join the coat guards but I don't want to do that and be away from home and I don't want go to school four years from now. I am willing to get a loan but wish I could get some kind of help. Can anyone help me?



I would first see what scholarships you can get from the school and let loans be the last resort. It may be easier for you to go to a community college and then go and do Occupational Therapy Assistant. I say this because it is cheaper unless you are going in and right to the occupational training. I am going for a bachelors degree and i got a associates for free going to a community college first. See what you can get from the college and go from there though you may be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment