Tuesday, March 31, 2009

College financial aid?

hello all,





I did my fafsa for 08-09, and i received 4,500 in financial aid at my 4 year school...some personal things came up and i couldnt go to school this year...my question is can i refund that financial aid and use it at a community college in my area?



Crossed:





Aid that has yet to be disbursed at one school can easily be transferred to another. Contact the financial aid office at the community college, and they will help you arrange for the switch.





Just keep in mind that it is quite possible - in fact, highly likely - that the amount of aid that you will qualify for at the community college will be considerably less than the aid you were offered at the 4-year school.





Aid eligibility is based on Cost of Attendance - and your COA at the community college will be much lower than what it would have been at the other school. The aid office at the community college will recalculate your aid and provide you with their own aid offer.





The sooner you get this situation resolved, the smoother the transition will be. I'd recommend that you contact the aid office at the Community College as soon as you can.





Good luck - and I hope you get those personal things taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment