Saturday, March 28, 2009

How to convince the principal not to kick me out of school?

I've recently been absent quite a bit, due to some serious health problems. 9 days, to be exact.





The principal called my home today, telling my dad that they were considering expelling me for not attending. It's not like they haven't been informed of the situation, it's just that they don't like me very much.





We're going in to speak with him and the school counselor tomorrow. What can I say to make them understand that I'm not purposefully missing school, but I simply can't come?





Also, if it matters, I have a 3.0 GPA. I'm keeping up with my work. What's the issue? Can't I just go to Saturday school or something? Summer school? Whatever?





The thing is, if I get kicked out, it's so late in the year that I won't be able to enroll in another school without serious issues. And an expulsion will look terrible on my record, and I don't know what I'd do. I wouldn't be able to go to the college I'm preparing for. And I'm just.. freaking out.





Help?



Wow..just..wow.





I remember I missed over a month of school, er, on purpose, and got nothing more than a "dont do it again," speech.





Your situation ticks me off, and if I were your parent...your school would fear me O_o.





I wish they would try and say that. Missing nine days of school while having your teachers notified of the situation, keeping your grades up, and having a high G.P.A gives them no reason to expell you. Technically all your absences have been excused, so there should not be a problem.





If you can provide some kind of doctors note stating that going to school would have endangered your health, or would have endangered others, -they cannot do anything-. I would also contact your school bored of directors, or whatever you might call it where you are, and set up a complaint of personal attack if your principle seriously tries to expell you.





I would point all this out at the meeting. Point out what your condition was, and why you could not attend school. Also point out the fact that you have kept up with your grades regardless of your absence.





Me being the spiteful little tard I am would, I would go in their like a soldier. How dare they even think to expell you when you have done nothing but contribute good grades to the school?





I mean, HOW DARE THEY? Really, out of all the idiots our schools have no a days, then want t throw out a girl with a freaken 3.0 GPA? God, your principle must be a Twilight fan, and you must have ticked him off in one of your anti-Twilight answers. Yes! Totally kick out the smart ones...we WANT the idiots to run the world >.>





Cough...got a little carried away...





Seriously though, do not freak out. You did nothing wrong! You were sick, what do they expect of you, to come in with a vomit bucket taped to your head? Even though I WANT to say you should go in there with a shot gun and kill the -insert bad word-, I would hate to find out you went to jail because an insane chick told you that on Yahoo answers.





Simply explain all the above reasons rationally to him, as well as having your father backing you up. If it does turn out bad I would contact the School Bored to fight the expulsion.





I would also speak to your teachers, asking if they could write a written statement that you have been keeping up with work, and have THEM decide if your small amount of absences will actually affect your final grade, and if there is reason to expell you.





And if all that doesn't work...does your dad have a shot gun?




if you have an excuse from a doctor then have your doctor call the school and explain why you weren't there. or if it wasn't doctor's excused then ask the principal if he wanted you to come to school sick and possibly infect other students.




be polite, dress nice and dont worry about it. when you go in dont be intimidated. If your reasons are legite he should understand. If he is just being anal have your dad slip the old " gonna talk to a lawyer" line....good luck




I tend to agree with some of what Pirate Alien girl said (at least the sane bits). There is no possible way they can expel you for missing a couple of weeks school, particularly if you have a legitimate excuse. Take your folks with you tomorrow, be calm, be rational (with your GPA that shouldn't be a problem) and just explain what happened. If your doctor can supply supporting paperwork all the better.





Schools don't generally ruin students lives because of a perceived grudge. Don't panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment