Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is math a subject that a person can learn if they were bad at it as a kid?

I was not able to understand what was going on when I got to about middle school. I still have to stop & think about what 7 X 6 equals & I have to use my fingers to add sometimes...my father was like rainman. He could give you a math answer no matter how difficult the problem was & my brother was also very good in math...Now did I block myself as a kid or can anyone learn math if they can find out how to teach themselves....or is it a natural talent?...I was 19 when I bought my first house & paid it off when I was 22 from being obsessed with the math. Of couse this was easy math. I used to be able to tell real estate agents what the house payment would be on a house without having to use a calculator..so I don't know how to tell if I am good at math but uneducated & uninterested but capable.



Depend on how far you want to go and how passionate you are about it.


I made it through Differential Equations in college and had some aptitude for it, but I had a bear of a time with Calculus.


If you are prepared to not accept failure, then you will not.


Will you be another John Nash (Princeton Noble Prize Winner), probably not. But you can take it beyond where you are now! Anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment