Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I

I took out a Stafford loan, but I'm wondering if there's another loan I can take out to pay bills and a previous car loan while I'm in school? Or can I take out an additional student loan? What's my best bet?



Talk to your school's financial aid office, but if you've maxed out on Stafford already, you will probably need to rely on a Private Education Loan if you are an undergraduate, independent student.





Technically speaking, education loans are meant to pay the costs incurred as a result of your enrollment...





If you go the private loan route, you should probably stick to a reputable lender...and make sure that you are getting a good deal.




Taking out a loan to pay off a loan isn't really a good idea. If you take out another loan, it will not be a Stafford. You will, more than likely, have to start paying on it immediately. Your best bet is to get a job ASAP and start paying off your debt. Since your classes are online you should be able to work them into your schedule and have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment